Splasher
v1.30
Download Splasher v1.30 now!
Visit the Splasher Gallery for over 100 sample screens!
News & Blog | How To... | Basic Questions | Advanced Usage | Troubleshooting | Version History
Advanced Usage
I like the black bars, but I don't want the City of Heroes logo in my image.
Splasher comes with two sets of Login frames: one with the game's logo, and one without. To switch between them, click the "Settings" tab and then click the "Browse" button to change the Login image frames. They'll be in the same folder where you installed Splasher.
I want to add my own text or logos to the Image Frames.
Create a 1024x768 TrueColor image, and add any borders, logos and text you want. Use #ff00ff as the transparent color; Splasher will replace those pixels with the input image. Save your file as a 24-bit BMP file, and see the question above to point Splasher to them. You can save the frame in GIF format if it doesn't use that many colors.
Where are the Randomizer files saved?
Inside your City of Heroes folder, a folder called "Splasher" will be created. Inside, you'll find several folders (for each type of screen) with the original files converted to DDS format. This means those images will not be lost when you uninstall Splasher.
What are the command line switches for the randomizer?
The -randomizer switch starts Splasher in Randomizer mode. The main window will not show up, and it will attempt to start cohupdater.exe if the client language is set to English (US), or cohupdater.eu.exe otherwise. It if can't find any of them (or their COV equivalents), it'll display an error and exit.
The -skipupdate switch tells Splasher to start cityofheroes.exe (or cityofvillains.exe) instead It will not add any switches by itself, so calling splasher with -randomizer -skipupdate alone will result in the same error as trying to run cityofheroes.exe directly.
Any other command line switches are passed directly to the City of Heroes client. Thus, -randomizer -renderthread 1 is the same as starting cohupdater.exe -renderthread 1, and -randomizer -project coh -skipupdate is the same as starting cityofheroes.exe -project coh.

Labels:

Comments: 11
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Both of the machines that I play CoH/V on have widescreen monitors. The original files are all 4:3 images -- how do I get the images to come out right in widescreen? The only thing I can think of is to use an image editor to stretch (compress) the image down to 1024x768, so that when it splays back out in game, it appears close to its original ratios. Am I on the right track here?

@NC Thunderbird
Blogger Leandro said...
Just feed Splasher a widescreen image (1440x900 or whatever). It will automatically resize it so it displays properly ingame.
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Is it possible to replace the 'rotate' buttons on the character design/selection screens with a blank transparent texture?

I'm trying to take good, background-free screenshots of my characters, and setting the background of the character selection screen to a solid block of colour really helps, but the edges of their feet are still cut off by the rotation icons.
Blogger Leandro said...
"Is it possible to replace the 'rotate' buttons on the character design/selection screens with a blank transparent texture?"

Yes. I can add a checkbox to do that in the next version (whenever that is, I screwed some code up), or you can email me (address in the ''credits'' tab of the program) and I'll send you a modified csv so you can do that with the current version, right away.
Anonymous Anonymous said...
How do I deal with customizing the screens for my 1680x1050 monitor?

The original files I made were for the 1024x768 monitor I used previously, but now I'm using widescreen and everything is stretched.

Thanks.
Blogger Leandro said...
See the first answer above. Give Splasher a widescreen image (1680x1050 in your case) and it'll adjust it so it doesn't appear stretched in COH. If you want to convert your older images, you will have to load them on a graphics editor and crop some space at the top and bottom (down to 1024x640 for the same aspect ratio) then feed Splasher the 1024x640 images.
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I Recently updated to 1.25 of splasher and now I cant add a texture with an alpha mask (It crashes Splasher while saving the texture) any ideas why this might be happening?
Blogger Leandro said...
@Raveneyes: disable NVIDIA texture compression in the Options tab.
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Unfortunately that didn't help :(
Anonymous Anonymous said...
OK That's just WEIRD It actually applies/creates the texture then splasher crashes.
Blogger David said...
Hi, Leandro,

I want to say first, thank you for creating the CoH Splasher software. I have found it to be quite useful in setting up splash screens for CoH and CoV and replacing the music in PocketD.

I was wondering if you had any plans to include the zone loading screens (and possibly background music in the zones as well). I play on a 22" widescreen display, and all the original loading screens are stretched to fit the screen. I would really like to replace them all, but I haven't been able to get your software to work in getting that done. Thanks!